Today I’m writing about libraries. The library was one of my favorite places to visit while growing up and it still is today! There are so many things to do at the library, making it an especially great activity in winter months. Below are ten things I love about my local library.
1. They’re free!
2. There is little risk in trying a new book/author/genre because…well, see above.
3. Libraries offer all kinds of fun programming, which makes it easy to learn something new or attend a presentation.
4. Librarians aren’t scary. They exist to help you find your next favorite book!
5. Libraries also have movies and music available for you to borrow.
6. Libraries want to improve, enrich, and help their community.
7. You can put items on hold, making it easier for you to find books/movies/music quickly.
8. Libraries exist to provide you with access to information, regardless of where you come from or what you look like.
9. You can suggest titles for your library to purchase.
10. There are rooms and rooms filled with books! Seriously, it’s a book lover’s dream.
That’s it for today! Are you a member of your local library?